Vaayu and Dorothy are both SENIOR 500 JSY Teachers.
Transcendental Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga…
Presenting the Counted Method of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga as practice to explore the philosophical foundations for meditation. A unique opportunity to discover how this method and its many 1% techniques can deepen and expand ones yoga practice and bring a sense of purpose and joy to life.
The GURUJI SUTRAS. Sutra meaning “string” or “thread” sutras are a distinct type of literary composition, of short and straight to the point statements. Guruji gave me many sutras packed with knowledge that I have been exploring, practicing and unraveling for many years and wish to share their wisdom.
ADJUSTMENTS – Protecting Self and Student from Injury,
looking particularly at Kurmasana / Suptakurmasana and Ūrdhva Dhanurāsana, plus Standing Drop Backs and SECOND SERIES ADJUSTMENTS.
Observation and Adjustment to the Postural Type A.P.C. (Anterior pelvis, Posterior pelvis, Complicated).
How to observe the Body Imbalances through Asana
Four Postural Types.
Adjustments for the Type A.P.C.
Anatomy of Free Breathing
The Work-in process from gross to subtle, from seen to unseen
Strength (gross body) + Pranayama (subtle body) + Mind work (Universal body) = Grace, the state of Sattva (Stability)
Physical strength – 0-50%?
Mental strength – 100%?
Adjustments – bodywork:
– Intimacy and distance
– small body VERSUS big body
– soft and firm touches
– towards a therapeutic approach
YOGA THERAPY as Taught by Manju Pattabhi Jois
1. Yoga must be adapted to the student, NOT, vice versa.
2. Yoga is a therapy, regardless of what form, intensity of practice or levels/series.
3. Yoga is a discipline.
4. Yoga is opportunity, prosperity and unification > heal, balance and unite.
5. Yoga Chikitsa, Nadi Shodana and Sthira Bhaga are ALL yoga therapies. Asanas in each “Series” should not be seen separately from one series to the other > Practice anything you feel it’s needed to your body!!
06:00 Teachers Practice *
08:30 General Class – Second Series Development
11:30 Theory / Technique Lecture 1. John, Vayu, Dorothy.
15:30 Theory / Technique Lecture 2. John, Vayu, Dorothy.
* Teachers practice plus invited student group (the total number of students will be divided by 5 into 5 groups each group will have the experience of practicing with the teachers then assisting the teachers in General Class).
Time : Nov 28th – Dec 2nd, 2019
Price :Full workshop RMB 6000, Sign up one month before RMB 5500
Place: Fine Yoga Retreat, Hubei,China .
Prices are exclusive of board and lodging at the retreat.