“Yoga has become an educational imperative in the digital age. Building skills that unite us, it belongs in every school, every sport and every performing art. No other activity yields all its benefits.” – MICHELLE WING, FOUNDER
Michelle Wing is an expert educator with 24 years’ experience working with children and families holding multiple yoga certifications and a BS in Business from W.P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University. Her globally recognized It’s Yoga Kids® Education System enables her to help parents raise happy, healthy and successful children worldwide. She is co-author of Kid Moves – Brain and Body Development for Your Growing Child, an innovative, multi-lingual early reader. ITSYOGAKIDS.COM and KMOVES.COM
It’s Yoga Kids® Teacher Training
You can enrich your life, and the lives of children, as a It’s Yoga Kids® Certified instructor. Our dynamic proprietary program prepares you to teach familes and kids from birth to teens, or to incorporate movement and mindfulness into your home, school or community safely and successfully.
It’s Yoga Kids® Complete Certification Course
It’s Yoga Kids® Complete Certification Course (IYKCC) will certify you to become a qualified family and kids yoga instructor for the full age range from birth through adolescence. Adult Yoga Alliance certification is recommended, but NOT required.
The intensive 5-day course includes:
- Certification certificate for teaching yoga to babies, toddlers, kids, teens and families
- Complete curriculum for over 35-classes with lesson plans, themes and proven sequences
- Expert knowledge about children’s anatomy, physiology and sensory integration including children with special needs
- Option to join our graduate community and become a Professional IYK Instructor (IYKPI).
- Qualify to open your own kids yoga business and operate as an IYK licensed location (IYKLL).
Who attends It’s Yoga Kids® trainings?
- Adult yoga instructors
- Pedatric professionals
- Youth athletic coaches
- Youth performing arts directors
- It’s Yoga Kids® Complete Certification Course manual
- It’s Yoga Kids® Teaching Tool Kit
- It’s Yoga Kids® class observations
- Differences in teaching yoga to kids vs. adults
- Principles of traditional yoga for kids at every stage
- Age appropriate application with specific “do’s” and “don’ts”
- How to lesson plan, sequence and lead fun, creative and educational classes
- Ideas to incorporate art, music, books, props and storytelling in classes
- Behavior management to support a positive, non-competitive environment
- Self regulating skills
- Scientific research
- Eligibility for an internship at It’s Yoga Kids® to observe, assist and team teach
- Ongoing coaching and development throughout your teaching journey
Friday through Tuesday from 9-12 and 2-5pm each day. 5 days, 30 hours.
June 29 – July 3 / Beijing – Fine Yoga Beijing
July 6 – 10 / Shanghai – Fine Yoga Shanghai (location tba)
July 13 – 17 / Shenzhen – Fine Yoga Shenzhen
“The IYK certification course transformed my teaching style for kids. I learned the skills to create fun and meaningful classes and to manage the kids’ energy!” – ADULT YOGA INSTRUCTOR
“I attended another kids’ yoga training but it lacked practical ways to engage and instruct yoga. IYK does this so well; it’s hands down, THE BEST kids yoga training program for childhood development!” – KIDS YOGA TEACHER
“I learned so much more than yoga. I can be a better parent to my kids. I’m so grateful!
- MOTHER OF 3 KIDS
It’s Yoga Kids Teacher Training complete certification with founder Michelle Wing
July 6th – July 10th, 2018
Address: Fine Yoga Shanghai (location tba)
Full workshop: ￥5.900. Sign up one month before ￥5.500